Superdrug Pearl Lip Balm

Posted by on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Yuuuuuuuck.
SAM_7914What a waste of 99p, seriously. When I saw this in the packet, I thought it'd be a subtle hint of slightly golden shimmer, but nice and moisturising with it.
SAM_7919Lol, how wrong was I?
SAM_7921To all intents and purposes, this lip balm is white. Shimmery, pearly, white. It's not flattering, and even with an average application the white colour is very visible. Perhaps if you had rather pink, not too pigmented lips, this could work, but on my dark pigmented lips it certainly does not!
SAM_8026I'm not keen on the scent, either. I'd describe it as off, chemical sugar. Coupled with the fact that this has little to no moisturisation property and simply just sits on the lips in a thin, waxy, uncomfortable layer (and is subsequently impossible to wipe off effectively, typical) and this is going in the bin. I won't be trying any of Superdrug's other lip balms from this range, either.

10 Comments

  1. I tried this a few years ago, and it was exactly the same. I try and stay clear of 'shimmery' lip balms especially when you can't try them out before buying.

    Maybe using another colour over the top will make it look a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me crazy but I think it looks good. A silver counterpart to your golden lips. But it has to FEEL good too and smell good so fair's fair. It's a fail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might have to begin doing the same, ForeverSweet! Good to know that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

    @Jaljen: I think the photo was rather forgiving, it is a really obvious white, frosty shimmer in person - not a good look! But thanks anyway :P
    If it had moisturised properly, I'd have put up with it, but it didn't so I won't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stupidly bought this about a month ago not knownig what to expect!
    I hate the way it looks (unless I'm wearing a clear lip balm under!) so today I thought "why not try it as eye shadow?" Now, I'm not one to wear any make up other than you average lip balm/gloss but I'm slowly getting there! So anyway, I used the Pearl Lip Balm on my eye lids (wow! That doesn't sound sexy lol!) and result! I wish I could take a picture but my lighting is bad but try it yourself (if you haven't binned it!) and well, yeah!
    I gives a beautiful shine to that nude look on your eyes =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @IlSuNy: Basically what I did, then! :P So did it crease on your eye area?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh that looks devastatingly bad! Try Burt's Bees Shimmer Balms - they're moisturising + add actual sheer shimmery colour! :D try www.supersmoocher.com x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol! Shows how much I know about make up! I thought the crease was meant to be there! xD

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear from you :)

Powered by Blogger.

Living Legends