Insane Sleek Haul

Posted by on Tuesday, April 12, 2011

SAM_7976
So I'm just going to copy and paste (every time I type that I start singing the BoA song, lol. I like K-pop too much!) this from one of my earlier posts as an explanation of sorts before THE PRETTIES. Wow.

Sleek have finally made good on their promise (six months later) and have been distributing the 50% off codes. WOOT. I recieved mine a couple of days ago and decided that since they did eventually do what they said they would, I'd give the brand another chance. So I spent all the money I'd saved up for circle lenses...on Sleek products. *facepalm*. Oh, and then some. Total came to like £63, sans discount, and I didn't even get everything I wanted as I had to cut down somewhat and then the website didn't have some things in stock. Like the Perfect Plum Pout Polish. ARGH. I wanted that colour so badly. *sniff*. I neeeeed it.
That and concealer in my shade and some lipsticks I wanted. Not to mention the distinct lack of online/accurate swatches for many of the products that I wanted but couldn't buy in store. Urgh. Anyway, that's another post. If you tried to order in the sale, have you recieved your code yet? Let us know. Also, if Superdrug decide to do another 3 for 2 on cosmetics (or, you know, just Sleek) do give us a heads up because there is still loadssss I want to get now I've cooled down on my pissed off with the company period.
 So I ordered:

Skin Revive Liquid Foundation (Henna)
Face Contour Kit (Dark)
Ink Pot in Dominatrix (Black. They seem to have stopped selling all their other colours...shame. The yellow colour was quite quirky, I wouldn't have minded some of that)
Bad Girl iDivine Palette
Original iDivine Palette
Sunset iDivine Palette
Storm iDivine Palette
Sheer Cover Lipstick in Calico
Pout Polishes in Chocolate Kiss and Sugar May
Blush in Pan Tao
Lip Pencil in Rich Brown
Total came to £34.60, including postage but minus 50% from the discount.

I placed this order late at night on Sunday. I recieved this today, on Tuesday. INSANITY. And postage is flat rate, which means that you could have a huge heavy box like mine and still only pay £2.95.
SAM_7973
I'd walked into the car, all dressed in my Karate gear (before people start, I'm only a red belt) ready to go to Karate, when the next door neighbour calls Mum over. I'm sitting there, tutting because we're going to be late and then it's really embarrasing because you have to stand by the side until the Sensei lets you join in, and then after like five minutes she returns with this huge parcel. Apparantly the postman had given it to them to sign for...even though we'd been at home all day. Smooth. She said they hadn't given it to us earlier because they were at a funeral. But it was still good timing! I had something to look forward to opening after Karate.
SAM_7974
I panicked when I saw the labels, I was like "Oi! I didn't order a Chaos palette!" but they just reuse the packaging, I think.
Everything was wrapped really securely, no eyeshadows were broken or pencils snapped in half.
SAM_7975
SAM_7978
Bam! As it came out of the boxes.

I was practically weeping just looking at all of it. I can't WAIT to play with and review all of this.
SAM_7979
Loosely arranged by function and/or collection.
A teeny weeny part of me wishes that I'd had the opportunity to be this excited back in November...but what's done is done, right? And I'm pleased that they did eventually distribute the codes. I'm totally, completely (almost, anyway) broke now, but it was worth it in my opinion.

What do you guys want to see first?

7 Comments

  1. Don't you just love receiving HUGE boxes with little boxes inside? It's like Christmas 5 times in a row, haha. You got such awesome stuff, jealous at the palettes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's an HUUUUGE haul!!! i'm envy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love it, Anna :P Actually, it's better than Christmas because it's all about you :P

    Thanks for your comment, Alice! Lol it was bigger, but things were out of stock :(

    Thanks, Sara.H! I can't wait to play with it!

    That's what I thought as I opened it, Hadia. HUUUGE. Imagine how much without the discount :/ Ouch. Even with the discount, my Dad told me off, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! What a haul! I'd be grinning from ear to ear if I were you. That's such a big package. You must be having to much fun with them. Hey, I hope you weren't late for Karate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I am, Witoxicity! Oh, and I was only a little late for Karate :P

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear from you :)

Powered by Blogger.

Living Legends