Sleek MakeUP "Scandalous" Blush Review + Photos

Posted by on Saturday, March 05, 2011

Not impressed with the company obviously but really, really like this product.

SAM_7652

I was going to pass on the entire collection, until Jessica from Out In A Pout posted about it on Twitter. Basically, she mentioned how it was rare to find a drugstore red blush (but how Sleek's international shipping is quite expensive), and after I saw a couple more reviews comparing it to NARS' "Exhibit A" (which is like five times the price?) I decided to pick it up along with another blush and a Pout Polish for Jessica. I think you call them custom purchases? It was like that. Not a swap, lol. She paid for the products and I paid shipping.

SAM_7654
I like the mirror. Just thought I'd add that.
SAM_7656

It is as fire engine red as the photos would suggest...really. Once on my cheeks, though, it actually looks surprisingly natural! I use this with a light hand and it doesn't look over the top at all. I paid £4.29 for this in Superdrug, and recieved 8g (0.27 oz) of product.

SAM_7657

It's a matte, orange based red. I don't think they're officially on sale any longer but if you have a Superdrug near you that is quite quiet and shifts stock slowly, it's worth a look to see if they have any stashed away in the drawers - that's how I found my Good Girl palette. The one gripe I have about this product is that it's really difficult to open. I usually have to enlist the services of a makeup brush end to prise the lid off. Aside from that, it's pretty good. International shipping is outrageous (in my opinion, especially if you only want one or two bits) though, I'd never order from their website. Actually, I wouldn't do that anyway after the last debacle. But still.

Swatch:
SAM_7660

If you add too much at once, you'll find it hard to blend out, but if you take it easy from the beginning it's nice and blendable.

 Because it's so pigmented, most people aren't likely to run out soon. I find that actually slightly irritating - I've hit pan or used up almost every other type of makeup product before, except a blush. Before I bought this I only actually had one blush, which I used once or twice every weekday (for school) and it hasn't even got a dent in this. I don't know why I find this so annoying. It's like it's mocking me. "You will never, ever see the pan on me! Haha! I am so mysterious and elusive and cleva!122211111!!!ajajaja"

Perhaps I need to accidentally drop it. Has anyone out there ever hit pan on a blush?

Leave a Reply

Hi! I'd love to hear from you :)

Powered by Blogger.

Living Legends