Yellow Franken Fail

Posted by on Sunday, May 02, 2010

The camera is so forgiving. I assure you, this franken is hideous.

So I started out all optimistic, wanting to make a pale yellow franken out of the Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours yellow and this white 17 basecoat thing I had.
Do you see the yuck? Do you see it? This polish was a streaky mofo to apply, just like it's parent yellow, which I expected to be honest. I chucked a ball bearing in and that didn't seem to help much. Undeterred, I painted two coats on my nail. Ewwwwww.
Major visible nail line going on. In real life, it's practically fluorescent. You know what it looks like? It looks like a much paler version of that Piggy Paints Neon Yellow thing.
Photo from the lovely Rhea at The Chain Nail (Check out her blog here.), one of the few people that can pull this colour off. The franken looks so awful on me I immediately removed it, screaming in pain. My eyes! My eyes!

I'll let you guys know when I've found a way to get rid of this travesty once and for all.

Love,

September Lena

xx

5 Comments

  1. Why don't you add some blueto try and make it into a green?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's an idea! I'd quite like a relatively pale green. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really shear. If you add the blue, show us. :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Susie!

    Yeah, it is really sheer. So I've added the blue, and it's not a pale green at all but I still quite like it so I'm going to show you in the next couple of days :)

    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me blush :P
    I think the idea of adding a little blue is nice!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear from you :)

Powered by Blogger.

Living Legends