Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in "Rendezvous Rendez-Vous"

Posted by on Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I will come straight out and admit that I picked this up because it looks like the Clinique Chubby Sticks that I'm too cheap to buy. This Revlon sort-of-dupe-but-not-really is around £7, and it was on 3 for 2 which reduced the price further.
SAM_1729

Stupid name aside, these balm stains are excellent. Provided my lips are in good condition prior to application, these keep them relatively moisturised all day as well as delivering the promised stain which shows up as a true tropical peach/orange even on my pigmented lips. I like this a lot.

SAM_1732

This is easily layered, which is another plus in my book. My only gripe would be that the smell of this particular one is a bit odd. I haven't tried any others from the range so I'm not sure if the scent is a universal thing or specific this colour, but I'm just putting it out there.

Lip swatch:

SAM_1735

From what I've seen, the Chubby Sticks aren't staining and are basically moisturising tinted lip balms, whereas these are definitely designed to stain and probably aren't as moisturising or glossy. They are (like the Chubby Sticks) of a twist up design, so you don't waste product sharpening - another plus.
All cosmetics at Superdrug are on 3 for 2 at the moment, so I'll take the opportunity to invest in a few more of these!

2 Comments

  1. What colour do you have, Jennifer? I reckon if you have something like the Clinique ones you might not be that impressed by these, haha. Having never tried the upmarket versions, I'm easily persuaded (aside from the smell)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear from you :)

Powered by Blogger.

Living Legends