Current Skincare Products

Posted by on Monday, November 19, 2012

I don't often do skincare posts. No time like the present, right?

SAM_1703

I use a scrub two to three times a week to keep my skin soft. I don't really have a preference, but an Elizabeth Arden facial scrub thing is my all time favourite. Usually I use whatever is in the house, which tends to be some leftover from the Soap and Glory bathcare sets that are released every Christmas, but at the moment I've been using this Cocoa Butter one (pictured) I bought on a trip to London recently. It's quite creamy and not very scrubby, and while my skin doesn't feel particularly dry after use, it doesn't feel amazingly clarified or whatnot either so I probably won't repurchase.

I moisturise my whole body every day, it's pretty much an essential for me. I can't stand dry skin :/

Papaya Body Butter by the Body Shop - These I like, but only buy when they're on promotion. The body butter doesn't feel sticky once applied and they keep my legs and body moisturised all day. Only drawback is the price and the comparatively small price.

Alpha Hydroxy Cleansing Cream - This I like. Now as a Chemistry student I know that acid cleansers don't stay on your skin long enough to make any real difference, but I add a squirt of this to my night moisturiser (E45 cream) every week or so and wake up with really soft skin.  It also removes my makeup fairly well but I'm using a facial wash for that job at the moment.

Superdrug Mud Therapy Face Mask - I bought this for £2.59 a while back (minus a 10% own brand student discount) and it's lasted for ages. It feels nice and cooling on the skin and my skin feels cleansed when I remove it. It might be a bit more helpful for oily skin types than it is on me, however.

Superdrug Foaming Facial Wash - Foaming face washes seem to be all the rage in the blogosphere at the moment, and this one was going incredibly cheap so I picked it up. It does a fantastic job of removing my makeup at the end of the day, but I have dry skin and this can dry it out further. It's fine when used with my usual face moisturiser.

Anyone used any of these products? Opinions?

Leave a Reply

Hi! I'd love to hear from you :)

Powered by Blogger.

Living Legends