I'm seriously running out of interesting titles. (Kiko 273)

Posted by on Saturday, December 24, 2011

JUST LOOK AT THE PRETTY*

SAM_0195

*slightly sarcastic, I am aware that my cuticles are minging. The dry, unforgiving winter air decided to vacuum every last drop of moisture out of my already Gobi-esque hands. Thanks winter. I really appreciate it.

This is the free Nails Inc polish, 'Basil Street', that Glamour magazine were giving away, over which a layer of Kiko nail polish is applied. I quite like the 'flaky' effect that this one gives, and I don't own any other top coats like it, so I consider it a good buy.

SAM_0248

As always, the Kiko polish had an impeccable formula and this manicure lasted for about four days without chips, which is a big thing for me as my nails are quite chip prone :/ Basil Street took about three coats to get to the level of opacity that I really like, but two are more than sufficient for most others.

SAM_0193

I decided to go classier this year and stick to a nude polish. The Kiko topcoat creates a sort of shimmering effect, almost like rain or snowflakes. Christmassy enough? Probably not. I didn't really put any effort in *hangs head*.

Wishing all blog readers a really happy Christmas!

SAM_0249

One Comment

  1. I read Basil Street as 'Balls Street' and was amused for a split second. :P

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear from you :)

Powered by Blogger.

Living Legends