Barry M Cyan Blue

Posted by on Thursday, June 17, 2010

Barry M have redeemed themselves in my eyes.

I will admit that I was seriously doubting them. I don't know if you could see that in my blog posts...I was thinking that the varnishes were a tad overhyped for what they actually were. The meh/ew formulas of Bright Purple, Spring Green and Mint Green had really turned me off them (especially when I'm paying £2.95 a bottle. Not that that's expensive, but when nail polish (MUA) that costs a pound kicks your £2.95 ass, it's not exactly a hard decision is it?) even though the colour range is serious love. <3

Anyway. Look at the pretty!
My new BFF polish. Barely chipped after two days of wear (I get that two days isn't a particularly long time, though :P) dries pretty quickly, and pretty opaque in one coat (though I did two, to even things out, the opacity wasn't affected). It's geniunely my favourite Barry M polish after Raspberry. (I can't help comparing all the Barry M's to their big sister Raspberry) It's got a formula that's almost as good as Raspberry, too. If you like blue cremes, check it out. It's not quite as neon-y as the MUA polish but it's pretty uber nonetheless.

In other news: My friend and I were busy lemming the Barry M Ice Cream collection in Maths today (SO GORGEOUS) and also Barry M in Mushroom and Grey. Better start saving up now...:P Oh, and also, I'm going on our second D of E expo tommorow. I'll schedule a post but you might not get one on Saturday, because it's overnight. Depends what time I get back :D

14 Comments

  1. I love this one, one of my favs really.

    I've got mushroom and grey. Both amazing and one coaters.

    The blue ice cream is one coat the others are 2/3 coats but all amazingly pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab! I don't own any bright blue cremes like this, may have to invest.
    Good luck on DofE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice on you. I have this somewhere. I'd better try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vegesauras: Hey, thanks for your comment! I think this is one of my faves too. Thanks also for telling me about Mushroom and Grey, I was having slight reservations (the formulas seem to be hit and miss) but now you've recommended them I'll definately go and get them. Thanks!

    Rebecca: Blue would suit your colouring, I think. Then again you look great in most colours :P Thanks for your comment!

    Jaljen: Thank you very much! You have so many untrieds, I'm jealous :D Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey just started to follow your blog! i really like this blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Pretty, thanks for following and for your comment! Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty color.
    Your application is getting better all the time. :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Susie! Lol when I started it was pretty horrendous, wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We all started out polishing pretty rough. I know I've improved since I started in Dec. :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my I was really into dark blue nail polish before, but I need a cyan blue creme. Your blog is bad bad bad for my wallet xD.

    I agree with Susie, your application is better, at this rate by the end of summer you'll apply your polish like a queen !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susie: Did you only start in December? Wow! You've got so many followers and so much experience that I thought you'd been doing it for years :P Thanks for your comment!

    Hini: Ooh! I love dark blue nail polish as well :P Sorry! At least the good thing about these polishes is that they're relatively cheap - this one cost £2.95 :D
    And thank you! That's really nice of you :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yup, I started in December and I've been a polishing fool since. :)
    Thanks a bunch,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear from you :)

Powered by Blogger.

Living Legends