J-Pop inspired manicures - Perfume's "Nee" (ねぇ)

Posted by on Sunday, February 27, 2011

I've always been more of a K-pop fan (even though I was introduced to Japanese music first. Weird) but I am partial to a few Japanese soloists and groups.

FilePerfume Nee promo
I don't own these photos!

Perfume are a three membered technopop group who are completely gorgeous. I'm jealous of their flawless and their electronic badassery, quite frankly. My favourite song by them is called "Nee" which apparantly means "Hey" in Japanese? Anyway it has a simple video which features a lot of grey and has them in cute purple outfits.

Perfume_nee_LE
From left to right: Kashiyuka, A-chan, Nocchi. Nocchi is so gorgeous O_o

To be honest this was a bit of a fail. I didn't realise how difficult it would be to draw the circles on my left hand...coupled with the lulzy middle finger. And I smudged my little finger. THANKS UNIVERSE.

SAM_7633
Anyway the idea was (it'll make more sense if you watch the video, linked below) that the thumb was their outfits in the first promo picture, the index and ring fingers their outfits in the second promo picture (and single cover) leaving the middle finger as the grey background seen in the video and the little finger as Nocchi's coat, which I want. Badly.

SAM_7601

J-pop is really hard to find on YouTube. Companies are waking up and making themselves YouTube accounts but quite often, they only put shorterned versions online...like this. The real video is like four minutes long. *sigh*

I've seen a few K-pop fans around the place - any J-poppers want to show yourselves?
Obviously I don't own the video or the promotional pictures. I found the pictures on a fansite, but I can't remember which one. Sorry :(

Leave a Reply

Hi! I'd love to hear from you :)

Powered by Blogger.

Living Legends