November Empties

Posted by on Friday, December 28, 2012

I'm so painfully late with these, I'm embarrassing myself. Oh well. Onwards and upwards, as they say.

SAM_1940

Sleek Luminous Face Powder - already repurchsed two more. Until I find a superior pressed powder, this will do. It matches my skin tone well and doesn't mattify my face (I find I can look quite flat with some pressed powders as my skin is very dry) so yeah, winner.

No7 Exceptional Definition Mascara - again, repurchased (see previous post). This, and my L'oreal two-step mascara, are my two favourites that I continually repurchase.

Superdrug Refreshing Toner - this was too drying for me. I wouldn't class it as suitable for sensitive skin (something I have, having had eczema as a child and sometimes getting very rare patches of it even now). I'd cleanse, remove my makeup, and rinse my face, and then use this. It just always felt very astrignent and I'd need to apply plenty of moisturiser before bed. Toner is fairly pointless anyway, so I won't be buying again!

E.L.F All over Cover Stick - I did like this as it was so thick and potent. A dab, with a light dusting of powder over the top, would cover any blemish really well. But it looks quite grey on my skin, and I have three Sleek concealers to get through, so this is on a back burner.

Honorary mention: Lady Diana Papaya Cream. I bought this because they claimed it had skin-evening properties and I'm anxious to be rid of my dark acne scars on my forehead. Pah.
It just dries your skin to oblivion. After a few days of use, I stopped using it on my face and started using it on my legs, wanting to give it another chance. A week later and the skin was literally peeling from my legs as if I'd had a sunburn. It was disgusting. I will never purchase this product ever again.

Still, I think five products is not too shabby for just one month? Pity I have so many others to get through...

Leave a Reply

Hi! I'd love to hear from you :)

Powered by Blogger.

Living Legends